Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day One!!

September 1, 2010

Well, the day finally came. I am as packed up as I'm going to be. (Thanks Angel and John for forgiving the mess that I left and the loose ends that I left unresolved!!) I said a tearful goodbye to my friends and the home/life that I worked so hard to build. I love Eugene. I love my friends and those of you who have become my family. And it is tremendously difficult to leave it all behind. But as any of you who are close to me know, this is the beginning of a journey that is much needed!

Jason and I left Eugene in a U haul, because the Burley cart was too big to fit into anyone's car. We drove to Coos Bay, which is the place where he paused his walk to come to Eugene to see me. Jason has some friends here, who we are staying the night with. I am exhausted from the emotional goodbye. I can't wait to get to bed.

1 comment:

  1. It was hard to see you depart, but it is something (moving away) you have planned for a long time and it feels right. I can't wait to get settled and enjoy your home. I hope we can sell all of your furniture soon.

    ReplyDelete