Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Two

September 2, 2010

I slept until 10:30! Wow! That's very unlike me! It was a restful night, except for the times when Petunia was awake and LOUD! Our gracious host, Verl make us a pancake breakfast. And he has been very sweet to drive us around to get some errands done. Believe it or not, I am still thinning out my pack. I have literally gone through this process about 4 or 5 times now! I feel like I'm going to need everything that I've packed! (OK, OK...I probably shouldn't have packed my CHI to begin with. But newspapers have done stories on Jason and Petunia and their journey so far. And a girl needs to look her best if she might be on the front page!) We are staying one more night with Verl and Cyndi. Jason might be doing a little bit of work before we leave. And tomorrow should FINALLY be day one of walking! I'm not sure how often I'll have access to a computer. But I'll update this as I can! I love and miss you all!!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous. I want to be walking the coast.Day three here was a plumber and 12 hours of yard sale. And the only big item that sold was my exercise bike. Hopefully better luck with bigger items tomorrow. We are getting lots of questions from neighbors about you. Who can have access to your blog? It is fun wondering where you are tonight. I hope the weather stays beautiful the whole way to SF. We are supposed to have nice weather (read time to tackle the yard...does pig shit make good compost?) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo! A walk'n we will go! I can't think of a better gift than to have you in my life and a wonderful companion to travel/walk with. I look forward to all my tomorrows, because you make today so great! Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete